Dear Clients and Friends,
As the ever-changing circumstances of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to be reported, we want to take a moment to share with you how Gonzalez Furniture is responding to this unprecedented situation.
The safety and health of our clients, staff, families, partners, and the communities in which we live and work will, as always, remain our top priority.
Gonzalez Furniture has assembled a team who have put into action our preparedness plans to ensure continuity of services for our clients. I am working alongside this team in monitoring the latest updates and developments related to the Coronavirus crisis as we put into place measures to ensure the safety of our people and clients while maintaining uninterrupted delivery of services to you.
We are also providing all of our partners and staff with guidance from the CDC and World Health Organization, while also encouraging them to remain vigilant of what their local authorities recommend so they can do all they can to protect themselves from the transmission of this virus.
As we navigate these unprecedented times, I want to assure you that Gonzalez Furniture remains dedicated to our founding principles of client service, respect, and integrity. These values seem vital now, more than ever. Know that you can count on the same level of quality delivered by the professionals you know and trust, as you always have.
Some of the mitigation measures we have put in place and are working towards are as followed:
- Employees will have their foreheads checked for possible fevers with a touchless thermometer device
- We have ordered face shields for employees in our credit department, payment department, sales department, and customer service department
- Glass shields have been installed between employees and customers in our credit department
- We require all employees and customers to wear face masks in our stores
- Sanitation stations in place for our front entrance of our stores as well as our other departments
- All our delivery personnel will be following our coronavirus preventive measures when entering customer homes. Otherwise, merchandise can also be picked up from our warehouse for the greatest amount of safety to our customers and employees.
Our business hours are back to their regular hours for McAllen and Brownsville. We are reinstating our payment fees now that we are officially open to the public and customers can see our merchandise as long as they have a face mask or any face mask substitute that the CDC and WHO has deemed appropriate.
I hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. Continue to take care of each other and we’re certain that together we can overcome this crisis.
Jaime Gonzalez and managers